Keep Insects Where They Belong . . . Outside
Keep bugs out of your home this summer with the help of Snowball Pest Control. Whether you’re noticing an influx in spiders, ants, silverfish, or stink bugs, we offer tried-and-true solutions to keep your home bug-free. Many of these options are things you can do yourself, but we’ll also discuss when it’s time to call in a professional exterminator to ensure your family is safe.
DIY Summer Pest Control Solutions
No matter what type of insect you’re dealing with, there are a few cardinal rules to follow to minimize their presence in your home: close off entry points, clean up food and water sources, and their eliminate hiding places and homes. Here, we’ll discuss what you can do to make your home less welcoming to pests.
- Close Off Entry Points: The first step in keeping bugs out of your home this summer is to figure out how they’re getting in. One of the key ways insects enter your home is through gaps and cracks around windows and doors. To prevent this, fill cracks around baseboards, cabinets, and windows and install door sweeps on doors that lead outside. It’s also important to keep your garage door closed when not in use, especially at night.
- Clean Up Food and Water Sources: All insects need access to food and water in order to thrive. By eliminating their access to sustenance, you’ll help make your home uninhabitable. Some key ways to do that are to make sure your dishes are washed every night and food put away while also making sure areas of the home you don’t visit as much like basements, crawl spaces or attics stay ventilated and dry.
- Eliminate Their Hiding Spots and Homes: Take a few extra minutes each day to clean your home and you’ll see an immediate improvement in the amount of pests. Some things twe recommend include:
- Vacuum and sweep the floors regularly
- Remove any cobwebs you come across
- Avoid leaving piles of clothing—spiders especially like to make these their home
- Reduce clutter around your home
When to Call In a Professional for Pest Control
DIY pest solutions can only get you so far and when it’s time to call in a professional, Snowball Pest Control is here to help. Whether you’re dealing with an infestation that’s gotten out of control or you’ve found venomous or stinging pests that are dangerous for your family, our exterminators will handle the problem quickly and effectively. Some sure-fire signs that you need a pest control expert include:
One sign you need an exterminator is interior damage. While not as severe as structural damage, it’s still a sign that you have an infestation in your home. Insects can chew holes through fabric, drywall, and wood, forcing you to repair walls or replace furnishings. If you notice interior damage, you need to call in a professional to prevent it from getting worse.
Difficult or Recurring Pests
Some pests are very difficult to get rid of on your own. These pests are better left to the professionals, who know how to diagnose the problem and treat it with professional solutions.
Bed bugs, termites, and cockroaches are good examples of insects that are best left to exterminators.
Pests That Pose a Safety Risk
Certain insects and pests can cause serious, life-threatening allergic reactions that can result in difficulty breathing for some people. Stinging or biting insects are a good example. Even if they don’t cause an allergic reaction, they can cause painful effects for pets and people.
Spiders are also potentially dangerous. Black Widow spiders and the Brown Recluse spider are potentially fatal if their bites are untreated or if they bite pets or small children. If you have spiders in your home and you aren’t sure exactly what you’re dealing with, it’s best to let a professional handle it to ensure your family is safe.
Active, Large Infestations
Handling a large infestation of any kind is difficult to do on your hand. Once you start seeing the pests, chances are the infestation is worse than you know. This is especially true of cockroaches and bedbugs because they tend to hide from daylight and generally keep to crevices or dark spaces.
Get a Free Estimate From Snowball Pest Control Today!
Call Snowball Pest Control today at (859) 635-7793 for effective pest control in the Greater Cincinnati area. Our team will evaluate your interior pest problems and provide effective solutions that protect your home and your family. We handle pest problems of all types, so call us today for your free estimate!